Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Commonly Asked Questions???

After showing interest with an agency for surrogacy I received an email containing a very lengthy application. As I started to work on said application I began to talk with family and friends and show my enthusiam. And with conversation comes questions; I find myself answering similar questions over and over and justifying statements made.

Why would you want to do that?
Mike and I have decided at this point we are more than happy with our two adorable little boys. But I still want the joys of being pregnant, that's right I ENJOY being pregnant!!! So on the selfish side this meets my need to be pregnant again. Also, on the most important selfless side, I get to help someone who clearly really really wants a family. What a wonderful gift I'm able to give!! Honestly I can't wait!!!

How are you going to give up a baby after carrying it for nine months?
It's not mine! From the beginning I know this child is not mine. I am here to help intended parent(s) fulfill their dream of having a family. Also I have the choice of using or not using my own eggs. At this point I choose not. So this child also is not genetically mine.


Is that something you get paid for?
Yes, handsomely

Are you sure you want to do this?
YES, YES, YES I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is a gift I was destined to give. I hope to do it twice!!

How does Mike (my husband) feel about you doing this?
I have his complete and full support. I have an amazing husband who I can share my excitement with, every step of the way.

If you carry three and ones a girl can we keep her?
NO MOM!!!

Wow that's amazing, I could never do that.
I think you have to have the right mind set going in and realize Its about giving a wonderful gift. It probably isn't for everyone....:)

Won't you get attached to the baby?
Inherently I will assume that this is an emotional process and will incur some level of attachment, but as I said before this baby is not mine


How does that work?
Well that is more than a short answer and probably why your following my journey....lol




Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment